Writing every week about programming, new technology and books.
How to install Python and run you first line of code
1. First step: Official python website
- Go to https://www.python.org/
- Click on the downloads section.
- Download Python's latest release.
2. Second step: Install Python
- Click on the file you just downloaded and begin the installation.
-Make sure you check Add Python to Path before you proceed with the installation.
-When this installation is finished you will have Python successfully installed on your machine.
3. Third step: Run your first Python code
- Open your favorite text editor and create a helloworld.py file (you can name it however you want it this is just example).
- Inside file type:
- Save the file and open command prompt where you made your python file.
-In my example, I made file inside the Documents folder
-When your command prompt is opened type
- You should see the result after you pressed enter.
- If your code showed no errors then this means you successfully installed python on your machine and ran your first line on Python code!
Check out my other blogs where I made some more advanced stuff using Python or other programming languages.